Monday, April 23, 2007

Daily Fun...

Caleb is 5 months old as of Sunday! I already had to retire quite a few of his outfits because they're too short (all 6 month old outfits...so he's moving on to 9 month and 12 month clothes!). Caleb dressed up for his infant dedication on Sunday in this 12 month outfit :)



Anyhow, people often ask me what Caleb & I do all day. And no, I don't just roar at him all day ;) (Although that would be fun!). Here's a glimpse into our daily activities:


  • PLAY!
    This is a majority of our time. Caleb plays with his toys & many stuffed animals (usually for Caleb, "Play" = "Grab & stick in my mouth"). He especially LOVES his play mat, walker, swing, turtle, softball, finger puppets, lumpy, monkey, hippo, etc. (Thanks to all the aunties & uncles who gave them to us!)
    We also play some games like peek-a-boo and patty cake & sing songs like "If you're happy & you know it." Oooh, and Caleb LOVES massages (just like Mommy :) ).
  • Lunch visits
    We also get a few lunch visitors who come to break bread with me & play w/ Caleb. Also we try to meet up w/ friends & Gabe for lunch too. Anyone wanna have lunch with us before I go back to work in 2 weeks? :)
  • Eating
    Caleb still nurses about 5 times day...plus he LOVES to watch me eat. Actually I feel kind of bad that he's not eating solids yet. He stares, salivates, licks his lips & mouths along as I eat. Poor baby!
  • Taking a walk
    Or, I guess being carried on a walk for Caleb :) I usually take a stroll to the park and library (very close to our house) with Caleb in a baby bjorn. Caleb LOVES looking at trees (and usually ignores the dogs and cats we pass by on the way). Also, when I'm with Caleb, TONS of strangers will strike up conversations with me, so it makes for an interesting daily journey.
  • Reading books
    Yeah, obviously Caleb doesn't read. But he sits on my lap and tries to grab and eat the pages as I read to him. :) We have LOTS of pop-up books and interactive books that make lots of noises thanks to my the grandparents and aunties & uncles :)
  • Diaper changes
    This is another 5x a day activity (along with the occasional bath). But this is MUCH quicker than a feeding time :P Plus Caleb LOVES diaper changes. He smiles and laughs non-stop (just like right after he poops ;) )
  • Exercise
    This is clearly a Caleb activity, mommy is lazy! :) His exercise is tummy time. He usually does this while grabbing for toys and I root him on, or he watches some Baby Einstein DVD.
  • Sleeeeeep
    This happens much too little in our day :) Caleb takes 1-2 naps if we're lucky. And when Caleb naps, mommy gets to nap :)

We'll also, of course, go out and run errands occasionally. It's all fun stuff, I think we should all have babies so that Caleb can have more fiends to play with...uh, or stare at...

2 comments:

clieu said...

He looks so enamored when you sing to him! Man, sounds like a busy life, I can't believe Caleb still has time to star in all those marvelous videos!

Anonymous said...

We definitely have to do lunch again! Caleb is so much fun!
- AH