Thursday, July 24, 2008

Climbing

Boy, this is my 3rd blogpost in 3 days. YAY!

Anyway, one thing I forgot to mention in my 19 month update is that Caleb has become quite the climber! He's always loved to climb things and he'd manage to get to great heights somehow (he'd move his potty stool, pillows, books, boxes, chairs, etc) so that he can get on the bed or play with things that were out of his reach. He's actually becoming much more adept (much to our dismay) at climbing very difficult things - like his high chair! When he's standing on the ground, the foot rest of his high chair is about armpit level. So it's pretty amazing that he can climb it (I sure wouldn't be able to). So now he moves his high chair anywhere he wants to get to (usually it's the door locks) and then climbs the chair. Here's a video of it:



He also climbs the shelves in my mom's closet. For the past half year or so, my mom's closet has been one of his favorite places to play. He hides in there during hide and seek, he takes all her things out of the drawer, he takes things he finds from around the house and puts them in there (I once couldn't find some of my mail and found it in my mom's drawer months later because Caleb put it there!). Now his new favorite thing is to climb the wire wrack we have in her closet. It's very difficult to climb and when he gets up, he can't quite get down. So he stands at the top and yells "Wai Poa! Mama! Dada! Wai Poa!" until one of us comes to get him. Silly boy.

No comments: