Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rub the belly...love the belly

Yay for presidents. I got to spend 3 days with Caleb :)

Anyway, random story from the weekend. Caleb will come and give you a kiss if you say "Caleb, give [person] a kiss" or if you say it in Chinese. But it was pretty funny because Gabe had the hickups yesterday and everytime he hickuped, Caleb would stop what he was doing, crawl over, and give Gabe a kiss. Hahaha. Silly.

Oh, lots of new videos uploaded. Some I've referred to in the past and just finally got around to updating. I forget if I blogged about this before. Anyway, whenever take off Caleb's clothes to get him ready for his bath, he'd kind of laugh at or stare at his bare belly while giving it a little rub or a pat. I guess he never really sees his little belly :) Here's a video of this:



Whenever he'd do that, Gabe and I would say "Rub the belly...love the belly...pat the belly" etc. Then after a few times of that, he started to associate the words with the action. I didn't notice this till later when I was telling my parents about how Caleb does this and he started to rub his belly. So this is just another one of the fun things Caleb does now



He also does the handmotions to twinkle twinkle little star, minus making a diamond with his hands. Video to come later :)

Caleb's also walking around a lot now. Here's an older video of him walking around between Gabe and I in his PJs.


HE's acutally a lot better now and walks around everywhere, but it's hard to film because usually he just wants to jump on me or play with the camera, but here's a short Caleb walk:


Oooh, shortly after Caleb turned 1, I started to let him feed himself with the spoon. He was pretty good and it was pretty funny too (I think I have an old video somewhere, I'll have to dig it up), but it was VERY messy. There would be food all over his face, his hair, his bib, his clothes, his fingers, his high chair, the floor, etc. So after a short time, I stopped doing this. Yesterday he grabbed the spoon and started feeding himself. So I let him try again with some dry food and he was actually pretty good!


After proving himself with the dry food, I let him feed himself some applesauce too and he was pretty good. When he dips the spoon in himself though, he either gets very little (which takes him forever to finish) or a whole heap (which usually falls on himself or on the tray or floor). Ah well, we're workin' on it :)

No comments: